Herdsmen Killings: Separate the Chaffs from the Beans

 



I am not sorry to say that I have Fulani friends who are herders here in Ilogbo axis of Ota, Ogun state. These guys innocently graze around the area with their cattle and at evening they go back to a particular location enclosed as their settlement. Never for once, residents had reason(s) to complain about their daily grazing activity cause they are of benefits to the majority living in this sites. Times without number, my Dad will instruct me to visit their settlement in search of faeces of their cattles in turn as fertilizer for our own crops. On getting there, I will greet, meet and take time to play with them and after go back home with more than half a bag of faeces for our own use. In fact, I will have to be the one to refuse more of the faeces cause they are ready to give me more than enough of what I actually needed. Sometime, if I came across them while they are on the move grazing round, they will be like "oga I no kan dey see you, I dey vex for me?" but I will just reply with "abba, I no dey vex for you oo, but I never need the shit, walahi if I need I go come", thereafter we will both smile as they move ahead with their own duty.


Now, I cannot, I must not support killings of my brothers by so called Fulani herdsmen cause my brothers remains my tribesmen as we are all one Nigeria. But the truth is, not all these Fulani guys perpetrate this devilish act of killing innocent Nigerians wherever they are located. The main issue is to separate the chaffs from the beans. Who are the killers? What exactly is their motive behind such dastardly act? Who are their sponsors? 


Again, I am not sorry to say that the same way we have innocent Nigerians as victims also the same way we are going to have innocent Nigerians as victims among the Fulanis if we decide to start attacking any of them we come across around us.


If not all, majority of Nigerians consumes beef and frankly speaking, the same Fulani guys are the ones for ages into this business across the country. We of the other tribes has failed in taking up to responsibility of pastoral farming and I think this is the reason why the business breeds tribalism of sort and also the reason why a Governor Akeredolu or an activist Sunday Igoho cannot totally give the directive that they should leave their state or locality which warrant the reason behind the Meyetti Allah claiming that no one can deprive them of grazing on wherever they want to, of course, sincerely they had been grazing on our lands way back to years immemorial.


The only way forward is for the Buhari led administration to do the needful in curbing the crisis. Fulanis or not, we need this government to identify those disguising as herdsmen to cause chaos in the nation and bring them to book, let us know them, their motives and their sponsors. This government had overtime been treating salient issues with levity and as a result it had yielded to the height of insecurity as a nation, causing disintegration and distrust in the government of the day. Frankly, waging war against ourselves will triple affect us as a nation as those that have witnessed one will never pray for such to happen. We are already facing tactically an health war as we witness daily upsurge in numbers of the rising victims of the current pandemic, we cannot and are not ready to face another so the government should do the needful before we all go down the drain.


Nigeria is one united family and we will not and shall not allow it be divided because of some minute bastards that are after the fall of it!


#TundeJoyedele

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Urgent Call for The Reformation of the Federal Fire Service in Nigeria

Tinubu Advocacy Group Endorses Hon. Dennis Idahosa for Edo Governor, Calls for Unity

Oyetola Adegboyega's Hand of Fellowship Programme: Bringing Hope to Modakeke, Osun State